As we near the real beginning of fall and colder weather, one has to understandably be concerned about what the change in temperature will do to their skin.
Can Cold Weather Cause Skin Problems?
Cold weather and low humidity is tough on the skin. It dries it out. Moisture is pulled out and additionally, you occasionally run into harsh winds and dry indoor heat which only makes problems worse.
What Can I Do to Protect My Skin in Cold Weather?
There’s a lot you can do throughout fall – and as we get into winter – to protect your skin from damage.
- Use a moisturizer. Stay away from moisturizer that’s petroleum-based or oil-based. If dry skin’s been an issue in the past, an emollient moisturizer and a second moisturizer is recommended.
- Avoid hot showers. Though a hot bath or shower can feel very relaxing, you strip a lot of oils from the skin resulting in exposure you don’t want in the cold.
- Use hydrating face masks. There are a wide range of face masks out there. Choose a hydrating one or a face mask that will moisturize.
- Always wear sunscreen. The winter sun and snow glare can cause a lot of damage to one’s skin. Apply often.
- No tanning. Tanning will damage your skin with permanent cell damage that you can’t recover from.
What Are the Best Face Masks for Winter, Fall, and Cold Days?
- Dr. Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution is a deep hydration face mask that will hydrate and replenish skin’s moisture levels.
- Dr. Jart+ Soothing Hydra Solution is another deep hydration face mask that is made for sensitive skin. If your skin is regularly dehydrated even without the cold, consider this sensitive skin face mask.
- Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask is a green tea face mask that enriches the skin with moisture derived from natural ingredients extracted from cold-brew squeezed green tea.
- Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet is an orange face mask using extract to target dull skin. Though not a moisturizing mask per se, this is a way to brighten up one’s appearance and add a little more ‘summer look’ on colder days.
- JM Solution Water Luminous SOS Ampoule Hyaluronic Mask is a high-quality moisturizer. Hyaluronic acid face masks are growing in popularity for their ability to provide soft, moistness on the skin. If you haven’t tried one, this is surely one of your best bets this fall.
This fall, defeat cold weather and keep your skin safe by treating it right. Visit Living.ca for healthcare and beauty products, face masks, and more.